Friday, September 19, 2014

Books of the Mind




As another Lame Cherry exclusive in matter anti matter.

I am always interested in the literature which appeals to the minds of others to compare my mind. I puzzle over these things as not a mark against me, as all have their own tastes, but how the minds of greatness work.

I hated reading as a child as I was made to read in school. It never came to my young mind, that I had a case of story books that I loved having read to me, nor that when professing I hated to read, that I had five magazines coming each month which I devoured as the subjects were something which interested me.

I did not realize that I liked child adventures in the mind and I was drawn to  the real experiences of those recording what they had done, as I could feel the writer's psychic imprint on those words. I do not like Mark Twain or any other writer of fiction. I  can appreciate Rudyard Kipling's fast style in his vignettes of Industan about people, but Charles Dickens just is a serial I have had enough of.

For me, my reading is forced now to be autobigraphies from the 19th century era as the 20th century has been taken over by intelligence operations as Mockingbird which is deflective and all modern writers are deluded and uneducated by association on what the modern is built upon in the past.
I have absolutely no time for someone writing about what it was like to be Martha Washington, if Martha Washington has her papers available.

George Washington placed this reading list on account of his tastes, which is interesting as I actually would not mind reading from this list and will see if I have time in locating them in e books.



"Charles the XIIth of Sweden.
Lewis the XVth, 2 vols.
History of the Life and Reign of the Czar Peter the Great.
Campaigns of Marshal Turenne.
Locke on the Human Understanding.
Robertson's History of America, 2 vols.
Robertson's History of Charles V.
Voltaire's Letters.


Life of Gustavus Adolphus.
Sully's Memoirs.
Goldsmith's Natural History.
Mildman on Trees.
Vertot's Revolution of Rome, 3 vols.
Vertot's Revolution of Portugal, 3 vols.
{The Vertot's if they are in estimation.}
If there is a good Bookseller's shop in the City, I would thank you for sending me a catalogue of the Books and their prices that I may choose such as I want."

I once knew a woman who was named after Jacquelin Bouvier, and her reading was the autobiography of Senator Edward Kennedy. I murmured to myself at the time and have expresed to TL often enough the simple fact, "What can you learn from Teddy Kennedy, but how to f*ck women and drown them?"

You can see by George Washington's choices he was interested in how great people governed themselves and events. He also as a planter was interested in plants. The interests of George Washington were America, making his farms profitable and how to be an effective leader. Most people hate who they are, their work and their situation. George Washington though enjoyed his life he had by duty inherited and been called to, and he sought to improve himself by reading of the experience of history and science.

If your idea of reading is Harlequin Romance, crossword puzzles, comic books or books ghosted by Bill Ayers, that is nothing derogatory to you compared to someone reading Burke, Tolstoy or Goethe. Each person has their own tastes. I would counsel though that making a steady diet of heaving breasts, puzzles or fantasy has a ruinous effect in developing he base natures in people, as much as reading intellectual books ruins people's minds in there hiding in their college degrees.

It does reveal  though in George Washington how well suited he was to be the father of America as he was being moved to prepare for it. I know I am reading far too many books in the teaching aspect of this blog as reference material. It is from an evolved point now that the Holy Ghost can not have me  reading more than a few pages of any book, before I am moved to another post in attempting to have you my children ponder for a few moments who you are, measure someone who is above reproach to yourself, and to be more fully informed of who you are, and in that comfort you will find yourself saying things like when someone mentions a book, "You know George Washington read a great deal on successful leaders of Europe, military campaigns and biology while leading the Continental Army, I doubt anyone in this current regime has read anything of consequence in educating themselves nor improving their condition nor the conditin of America."

You will get either blinks and some "Yeah" remark or a vacuous stare, as the person attempts to show how bright they are based in their finite expertise of their reading list.

If anyone is secure enough to ask you a question on this, just say, "I do not know that is why I read Lame Cherry."


"At Washington's death the appraisers of the estate found 863 volumes in his library, besides a great number of pamphlets, magazines, and maps."

Henry Cabot Lodge. George Washington, Volume II


agtG




















agtG